Monday, April 30, 2012

Jackson + Nuelasta= tru luv 4ever & Drive to Utah, attend a wedding, Drive home

I didn't get a chance to tell you all of my willingness to advertise for Neulasta before we took a QUICK trip to Utah for Michael's youngest sister's wedding.  I am willing to advertise---I won't even charge my usual modeling fee. 
If you remember last month (by the way I commend you if you remember what you went downstairs for  minutes ago if you can--sadly I can't remember so I am back upstairs, blogging, I think...), Jackson's counts tanked so low the week before Chemo, that he had to miss school.  His ANC last month at this time was 0.2 (or 200 depending on your mad math skills).  That made our Oncologists decide we should try giving Jackson the super spendy (super spendy shots sell seashells by the seashore) Neulasta shot in an effort to keep him safe from getting Neutropenic.  Here are his counts from April 25th, 2012 the week before his 3rd round of Chemo.

WBC normal range is: 4.5 -11.0 his count on 4/25/12: 7.3  NORMAL---did you hear me---NORMAL!!!!

HCT normal range is : 41.0-53.0 his count on 4/25/12: 37.1 low (just a little though)

RBC normal range is: 4.5 - 5.9 his count on 4/25/12: 4.19 low (barely a smidge)

ANC normal range is: 1.8 - 7.8 his count on 4/25/12: 4.3 NORMAL---am I shouting too loud---don't care--- NORMAL!!!!

Go NEULASTA go, go NEULASTA.  If I haven't explained it before under 500 = bad---no go anywhere bad.  7.3 good translates to 7300.

Now on to Utah--we left Thursday afternoon, spent the night in a rainy, hail-y, Boise and then pushed on to Utah on Friday.  Michael and I got to go the Temple with Michael's sister Mindy and her fiance, Nate Romney (and yes, Nate's Dad is related to Mitt--2nd cousins--think that might get me invited to the White House?  Hope so I've wanted to go for ever so long---hint Michael)  The kids were troopers, Jackson missed prom--the first one he could have gone to, and Sammi missed a softball game--she is sure the coaches will hit her with metal bats come Monday.  I was willing to risk it her beating by a bat, for Mindy!  I wonder if my Mother of the Year plaque got lost in the mail AGAIN?  Anyways.....
I took my new camera that I got for Christmas, unfortunately I left the special rechargeable battery at home, recharging.  I have tried to pull some photos off Beverly's facebook, if I was successful you will see wedding photos, if not....you won't.  The suspense is killing me.



3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congrats to the newlyweds! And glad you enjoyed our wet and wonderful welcome to Boise on your way to Utah!
Believe me, with his ANC at 200, Jackson was neutropenic - grade 4 neutropenia to be exact. So so happy it's back in a safe range once again!

Shannon said...

I love your ramblings!

Louise said...

Hooray for Neulasta, family, temple weddings and comfy big cars that guzzle gas for long trips!
Oh- and hooray for cameras, love the pictures!