Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Decorating Tips from Becky....

I am going for a new minimilistic feel in our home, more Fung Hey or Chi Wheee or whatever the hip cool terms are, do you like it?






The dining room is a little more eclectic, in fact my Mother thinks it looks like this because we are replacing the 30 year old carpet that is upstairs (not exagerating it is disgusting) but really it's that I just never get around to picking up in the dining room.

The kids have had a blast eating on the living room floor for 3 weeks. What go back and read that again we have been living like this for ---- 3 WEEKS! The first order of carpet came damaged, or so they say, I think they just thought it was funny to make a woman with 5 kids live this way. However on the upside when Carter kicked over his entire bowl of chili at dinner, no one batted an eye!

7 comments:

Beverley said...

I am so happy for you, new carpet, great. If you want any vinyl writtings for your walls, mirrors, or windows let me know what and how big and I will send them. Can't wait to see the new decoratings, luv ya so much and give the kiddos and Michael a big hug for me.

Holly said...

It's coming today right?? Hooray I can't wait to see pictures! You know....once you get everything back together.

Shannon said...

Hmmm - well, it would make vacuuming a whole lot easier if all the furniture was in the dining room. I may have to try it out. Except then mopping would be impossible. Now I am torn.

Heidi said...

I want new carpet! Mine's not quite 30 yrs old- I don't want to see it in 30 yrs...but it looks worse than yours since it is SO cheap. Post after pics.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. No more chili in the LR! Ha I think mine is as bad and I'm like Heidi, I don't think it's been down for 30 yrs. The lady before me had dogs.... Multiple dogs..... Ugh! I only had a cat that I didn't let out of the bathroom! lol

Heather said...

Can't wait to see it! I'm so jealous!

Brenda said...

On pins and needles here. Need pictures. STAT.