Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In Surgery...

I can't believe we are here again, getting a port again, saying goodbye as he goes off to surgery again. I liked it better when he was four, then we got to stay with him till he was asleep, but today he just walked away from us, him crying (just a little he is still very macho!)and of course me crying. I keep thinking back to when he was in first grade in Mr. Busters' class, same class and grade Zoe is in now. They would earn buzz bucks and get to shop at the class store on Fridays, he would never buy anything until he had earned enough to buy something for Sammi, and Sierra too. Also I remembered when in sixth grade he was recieving these cute "secret admirer" letters---Zoe was enamored with the idea of a secret admirer, and so jealous that Jax had one. One day she comes running up to me so excited because a "secret admirer" had left her a letter in her room telling her how smart and nice and pretty she is. She didn't notice on that letter or the three or four following ones that it was Jackson's handwriting, but I did. Shouldn't be much longer now, they said it would only be about a 45 minute procedure and it's been that now. Can't wait to see him and hug him.

3 comments:

Miller Family said...

I have been thinking of you guys all morning and said a little prayer for surgery to go well. Extending hugs through this comment box to you and Jackson. Hang in there for all to come this week. Just another season and a reminder that He is in control. Keep the faith.

PS I love that Jackson would save up enough buzz bucks to buy for his sisters. Ty has done that without any coaxing and I just thought of what a great big brother he was being to Colin. Jackson is a great big brother and so brave!!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Hopefully Jackson is back where you can give him a big hug. Give him another big hug from all of us out here praying for him, you, all of your family, his doctors and everything surrounding him. Thanks so much for keeping us posted. Love you! AD

Heather said...

I never knew the story of the buzz bucks. Can't say that any of my boys would be so generous! Jax is one of a kind and I love his big heart. Prayers being sent your way today. Love you all :)