Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Words are not enough....

Today took Jackson, Michael and I to Seattle for lab work and a consultation with our oncologists. They said his labs looked good--Lymphocytes a little high, and that they were in uncharted waters here. The "road map" for treatment that Dr. McClain sent for Jackson is a completely new one to them and this makes Pediatric Oncologists very nervous. Dr. Cheung and Dr. Johnson both said that we have no idea how many doctors and radiologists have been pouring over his tests and charts. Many a discussion in tumor board and among themselves has been had about our boy apparently. Michael told me later "that makes me feel horrible and great at the same time---it's never good when your child is the medical mystery maker but it's nice to know they are doing all they can...."! I really do feel like they are trying their hardest and so I am not as upset as I thought I would be when they vetoed my idea of chemo in Moses Lake. Basically they feel like they are already out on a limb by giving him an experimental "un-researched" (anecdotal research is about all you get with ND CNS LCH) treatment plan and they want to watch him closely because of that....it was impossible for me to argue with that. Jax handled it all well and although we could tell that he was upset about having to come to Seattle for several days each month (when they saw Jax's face they backpedaled a little and said they would try to find a Doctor they felt comfortable with on our side of the State) he shook it off quick. I have noticed this happening a few different times since Texas with Jackson. Something will be said, like "oh by the way son you have to get up at 5:45 am this morning, get ready, get a shot, drive to Moses Lake go to the hospital and get your blood drawn all by 7:30 am. (yes this really was his morning today) then you can be dropped off to school where you will be till 11:00am and then we will drive you to Seattle so they can draw more blood and examine you further". Jax told my Mom he felt like a human pin cushion today. When I teased him later about being a pin cushion he said "I'm not mad about it Mom, I know everyone is just trying to help me". He is looking for the good and finding plenty of it.
We got home to blazing car lights at 9pm tonight and guess what we found.....we had a newly PAINTED house---house, and trim and exterior doors. Then we walked inside.... the entry way and hallway were painted, the end tables, and entry table, and coffee table were freshly painted. The stair railing and banister were painted, even the "love is spoken here" sign above the dining room was painted! The pantry was clean and organized and the garage was clean and organized and the laundry room was clean and organized ( I will try to live down my embarrassment over the state of those rooms---I was getting to it, who knows when but, ahhh who am I kidding). Cute decorations and someone with style rehung the pictures on the wall and "styled" the front entry way and living room. I went downstairs to see trim around the playroom door---trim I bought and painted 12 months ago and have been on a to do list ever since. Trim in the kitchen.....shall I go on, because I could. I guess at one point over 30 people were here working. For us, to make our life better and easier and to make us feel loved. We feel so loved and THANK YOU is not enough, words are not enough.....I am now taking suggestions on what I can do to deserve these friends. (Nancy took pictures from me they will be up soon in the Noftle extreme home makeover blog!)

10 comments:

Holly said...

Surprise! I am so glad all the people that love you get to pay you back for all the kind acts of service you are constantly rendering! You soo deserve it, and I am jumping out of my skin with happiness. It breaks my heart that I am not there to help, but am soo grateful there are so many good people in Royal City that love you like I do. Glad the day was a success all the way around! :)

Louise said...

Becky fortunately for you, you don't have to "do" anything to deserve these friends, you have paid it foward many times like Holly said. Knowing you tho you'll figure out something, thats what we all love about you and your family. Have a great day!

Heather said...

Was this sneaky Courtney Mae and Louise Ann, or someone else? You have great friends and you deserve them because you are a great friend. You are always thinking of others before yourself. We love you, and are so excited to see the makeover. Dexter asked what color your house was. I said I didn't know... he replied: "Probably pink because they have so many girls!" Gotta love a 4yr olds mind.

melanie said...

I wish I could have been there for the reveal. How exciting and humbling all at the same time. You are so deserving!! I'm so glad you have such amazing family and friends looking our for, taking care of and blessing your family. Can't wait to see the makeover. Love you!

Jason Stewart Family said...

Wow. You are so loved!!! You have helped so many others it is your turn. I am sure it looks fabulous. And I bet it was that sneaky Courtney. She can do anything!!!!

Brenda said...

Ditto. You deserve it sister. Ditto. It breaks my heart not to be there to help. Ditto. People in Royal City are good people. Ditto. The house should be pink. It's better than turquoise.

Shannon said...

Pictures, pictures - I need to see this!! How wonderful, heartwarming, better than a reality show makeover!

Granny DeeAnn said...

OK, I'm at work and bawling! Becky your family blesses and now are blessed. Now you just need Aunt Dee Ann to give you a perm. Not that all of my P.K. Andersen neices aren't special because they are, each in their own way. but....... you are really special to me. (You were the first one to get blessed with one of my perms.)Ha Anyway this couldn't have happened to a more special family. Jackson is blessed so much with just his family let alone a whole town! Well OK it's Royal.... J/K Thanks Royal friends! Love you Beck! AD

Heidi said...

I heard about this and was SO excited for you guys! That is so nice of them to do all that work and so nice of Courtney for organizing it all. Amazing friends and family you have. You totally deserve it!

Miller Family said...

You are so right! We are all actually so blessed to live here in Royal and have such amazing friends. The Lord definitely watches over us and brings everyone together in times of need. Thank you for all you have done for our community past, present, and future. Now sit and enjoy the new fresh paint jobs and forget about an embarrassment. No one was looking!!