Friday, September 25, 2009

One half of an hour = 180 minutes

I know what your thinking, that Becky she never was good at math, 1/2 hour = 30 minutes. Not today at Children's Hospital though, perhaps those of you in normal time/space continuum's didn't notice the break down on the time/space thingy in Seattle but we lived it. We had an 11:00 Chemo appointment which should have taken 30 minutes, and we left the hospital at 2pm. Not all their fault (not all but some) they were behind but then the Doc. decided Jackson's eyes looked even more irritated today and apparently that can be a side effect of cytarabine. It has a fairly easy fix, two sets of drops two times a day during Chemo. I think that brings us up to seven meds. a day, better than when he was four though. He hasn't been feeling to well in the tummy today but nothing to bad so far. I'm hoping that it won't get any worse than this. We are pretty excited to get home tomorrow, and see those cute people who keep calling us. Carter said to me today, "so Mom do you want to bring me sumpun tuz you left me at home"? I probably do want to, you just never know with me. We are getting our black and gold M&M's out for snacking while we listen to Royal High Football game tonight. Thanks for those Elaine! I expect many an expression of love from my favorite broadcaster, any bets on whether or not I hear them on the broadcast?

7 comments:

Heather said...

Hang in there- only one more day! I bet you are getting pretty homesick by now. We love you so much!

Shannon said...

I always thought you were a closet math whiz.

Happy Reunion tomorrow!

Louise said...

Can't wait to see you two. Carter is 100%, Sammi about 60%, thats close enough don't you think? The game as you know was not so good, but the weather was beautiful!! Can't have it all I guess. The Knights needed their favorite 8th grader there cheering them on. Hope the time/space thingy doesn't happen again in Seattle tomorrow.

Brenda said...

Sorry about the tummy issue. I have a tummy issue too right now, only it has to do with size...sigh. We've been praying constantly. And I second Heather's sentiment, we love you so much.

Holly said...

I am so excited for you to get home and all be together again! Hope today goes faster than yesterday! Drive home safe! Love ya!

Miller Family said...

Quick chemo and safe traveling wishes coming your way. Carter looked pretty handsome last night. I think Aunt Courtney put some gel in his hair cause he sure looked good!! All your kids looked great and I am sure they will be extactic (sp?) to see you two. Thanks for all the updates. Hugs to you!!

Brooke said...

Hang in there you guys. We are hoping Jackson is feeling better and better each day. Love you all! xoxo