Sunday, September 6, 2009

Quick Update

Seattle Children's Hospital called and they want to see Jackson this Wednesday for lab work and a consultation with the oncologists. I think we are probably planning and prepping for the spinal tap and port placement. I hope we get the ball rolling soon on Chemo. Every day that passes means one more days' intrusion into Jackson's life as a freshman in High School next year. Also I am fighting a battle to have the Chemo administered in Moses Lake, a few steps back and forth on this one--but looks like the forward steps might be winning out! Tonight Jackson and Sammi were invited to a friends birthday party so Courtney and I took our six (no wonder it was no fun!) remaining children and ran to Moses Lake to get some errands done. I told her I needed to return Jackson's football cleats to Big 5 and she asked why------that's when I started crying, and crying , and crying. I felt so dumb but I just couldn't go in there and return those darn cleats, so poor Courtney (thanks to me she was crying to, but at least comprehensible) had to do it for me. I just ache for Jackson, I so happily would bear this burden for him if I could. Thanks Courtney for being there once again. I'll try not to let all the crazy out on just you, poor girl.

9 comments:

melanie said...

I knew you must be blogging with a comment this late.

I ache for you with your ache for him. And I ache for him. I know you'll get through every hard step of this and I wish that made it easier. So glad you had Courtney. I'll take some crazy, don't forget that.

You're right, 6 kids and errands don't go together. When is Sierra old enough to watch them? :)

Holly said...

Wish I was there to take some of the crazy for you, but I am pretty sure I can do it long distance too! Lets get this ball rolling is right! Good luck Wednesday...we'll be rooting/praying for you! Man if we lived closer Syd and Sierra could be our babysitter backups. How great would that be? Miss you guys!

Brooke said...

Oh Beck! I am so sorry but so glad to know you can start doing something. Please know we are here for you all. Jackson is always in our thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine what you are all going through. Hang in there! xoxo

Jason Stewart Family said...

Jackson -- is sooo strong!!!!And I can't imagine how you feel. My heart goes out to you both.

gb said...

Becky- I was crushed when Brooke told me about all that is going on in Royal. 14 year olds shouldn't have these things to worry about. We are praying for Jackson and the whole family to have strength during this tough time. We love you guys. Please let us know if we can do anything at all.

Greg

Becky Noftle said...

Thanks Greg--I still remember your phone call when Jackson was four and first diagnosed! You are a great cousin and your wife is a peach of a cousin in law!

Courtney said...

Just so everyone is clear I am the nerd that started the balling session! I thought the dang shoes were high top tenis shoes, not cleats! However it is always good to just let it out sometimes...

Becky you know this already but you can cry to me anytime, I always cry to you! Thats what sisters are for! I love you!

Heather said...

I love you Beck, and I still can't beleive this is going on. Hang in there, and soon it will be just a story to tell, and a just a fading memory for Jax. Prayers and hugs constantly coming your way :)

Brenda said...

Love you Beckster. Remember we're all just a phone call away. Stupid, stupid long distance. Good luck today.