Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Last First Day of Preschool


Here it is---the last picture of one of my children on their first day of preschool! Did that confuse you? No worries I will continue to confuse you all this preschool year. It is very bittersweet to start this last year. I have been doing this for 12 years. My first preschool students are now in 11th grade! I have taught all my children and the Cougar man is the caboose. Last friday I took Carter to have his speech evaluated. The lovely speech pathologist (also batteling cancer heaven bless her) said she has never had a four year old score so high and that Carter was capable of making the right sounds we just needed to stop and correct him when he didn't because it was becoming a habit. So Carter tells me about his test on the way home...."Mom dess what--I was the awesomest at dat test Mom. (Wow Carter how come you were the awsomest?) Tuz Mom I tuld my sinker(thinker) and my sinker tuld my mouf dat I do dood talking!" You can clearly see why he doesn't need speech--he is the awesomest after all.

6 comments:

Holly said...

Don't you dare teach that kid to speak properly...it is waaaay too cute right now. Habits are hard to break though...dood luck wit dat Tarter!

Louise said...

I kind of agree with Holly, except he might get teased at "the big school" next year. But, I really do love to hear him talk, especially since I've figured out what he's saying! Its weird to think of you not having a pre-school next year, but if your subbing more we might see you more often at Red Rock, bonus for us!

Brenda said...

He is the awesomest. And I for one miss his awesome voice. Congratulations on your last year of school. It's about time you graduated.

Katie said...

We're so happy to have you one more as preschool teacher! Cade had a great day and is super excited for Thursday already :) You are the awesomest preschool teacher and of course, Taden (Caden in Carter's lingo) loves his Cawtoo (Carter in Cade's lingo)!!! They make a great pair!

melanie said...

Whoa, the ending of an era for Royal preschool. I hope they can handle it. Carter is funny and since your mom just learned what he is saying, don't correct him just yet. Why can't I think I'm as awesome as him?

Miller Family said...

Beth is wonderful. She helped Ty quit stuttering when he was three. Good Job Carter. Make you last pre-school year the best ever!