Sunday, September 20, 2009

Jackson & Michael's great adventure




If you know Michael you know he is not much of an adventurer, but the word adventure worked well for my title so we will run with it! Please note that I try not to put Michael's name in front of Jackson's, they both HATE it when I am yelling for them "MICHAEL, JACKSON" they don't even own one sequined glove between them. I think I digress.....oh yeah they went to Provo to the BYU vs Florida game. They had great seats (not to brag or anything) courtesy of ME!! Plus Kara Allred arranged for Jax and Michael to get to go down on the field before the game. They got to watch the team warm up and Michael even caught a practice punt. They said it was pretty cool. Michael maintains we should be expecting a phone call from BYU recruiters as his catch was soooooo impressive. Also they said those boys are bigger in real life than they look on T.V. .


Jackson's friends have written him lots of nice notes, and he had a family in our ward give him, and us, a really nice care package today. I was doing something and he said listen I'll read the note she wrote....Jackson, football is his thing....and then he started crying. He hasn't really cried since the day in Houston, so when he calmed down I asked him what made him emotional, was it the football thing, or just all the support and kind things people are doing for him and us. He couldn't decide, both he decided, plus I don't want a port again. Break my heart.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Mine too. You're in our prayers Jackson, Becky, Mike and family!!! Lots of love and thoughts to you this week :)

And I'm so glad they had a great adventure. Looked like they had lots of fun, the pj's proved it today!

Shannon said...

How fun! Jackson looks so grown-up and teenager-y in that picture. He couldn't have a better Mom than you. And not because of football game tickets. Because you are you. We'll be praying for you guys.

Brenda said...

Dang that port. But yeah for a rad mom who sent him to Utah for a fun weekend with dad. You rock.

Beverley said...

It was so great to have my boys come visit, I had a great time snuggling with Jax and feeding them my Mexican feast. So good to see how happy they were and hear Michaels brag BYU football catch and have Jax clear it up.So cute how Jax wore is PJs home on the plane too. I put a pic on facebook. Luv your family so much and I am here but can be there if you need me. Always in my prayers.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Breaks my heart too... I would gladly wear that port if it would help. Stay strong Jackson. I will see if I can find you and your dad a pair of gloves.... You can wear the right one and your dad can wear the wrong one! Ha Michael... Jackson.... so funny Billy Jean, opps I mean Becky!

melanie said...

Broken heart here too. All of it so overwhelming for Jax. I'm so glad he knows the crowd he has on his side. The love and support hopefully takes the edge off. Good luck tomorrow with that #@*) port. Love you, you're always in my prayers. All of you.